Atelier B 4.2 Community Edition has been released on December 19, 2014. This release brings 151 bug corrections and 47 improvements. Among these features, we may mention:
- A new traceable, generic, proof obligation generator
- Addition of a proof server, in order to distribute and speed up proof
- A better integration of real and floating point numbers
- Full 64-bit support
- Boolean and integer translation fine-tuning in C4B code generator
- Accessors added to BART in order to solve refinement conflicts
More details in the Atelier B 4.2 release notes.
Since its commercial birth in 1994 with the release 3.2, Atelier B has evolved continuously thanks to a number of industrial and R&D projects in the railways and the microelectronics. With B for piloting trains and opening/closing platform screen doors, millions metro passengers are safely transported every day worldwide. In 2014, more than 25% automatic metros embed safety critical software developed with Atelier B.
The timeline below summarizes the main stages and evolutions that Atelier B went through over this period.