- Understand the fundamental principles of Method B.
- Discover Language B.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE :
- Any person who wishes to understand the principles of Method B and discover its benefits.
- Any person who must participate in the development of a B project or who wishes to review B models.
- Knowledge of general principles relating to the development cycle of a system or software (specification concepts).
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Mathematical knowledge of a scientific secondary education level.
- 10 persons at most per training session.
- The training takes place in the CLEARSY offices in Aix or Paris (except in exceptional circumstances).
- Contact CLEARSY for future training dates.
- A discount is applied to holders of a Atelier B maintenance contract.
1 – B METHOD PRINCIPLES
- Definition of B: a formal specification and design method with proof that may reach a concrete level (C internet code, ADA).
- Advantage of formal specifications and the building of a model through the systematic description of its properties.
- Modularity and hierarchy concepts: a B model is built in a modular manner, its properties are introduced hierarchically.
- Validation through proof: proof guarantees conformity with invariant properties; it is exhaustive in ensuring that the code complies with its specifications.
- B Method benefits.
- Description of the main uses of B in industry.
2 – B LANGUAGE
Description of elements constituting the B Language:
- mathematical expressions (integers, Boolean, enumerations, sets, relations, functions),
- substitutions that form the dynamic of the modeled system.
The three types of B components (abstract machines, sophistication and implementation).
3 – PRACTICAL ORGANIZATION
More than half of the training involves Tutorials or Practical Tasks in order to better become familiar with specifications in B, the drafting of a design in B based on the same specifications and the proof that. The design complies with its specifications. The Practical Task sessions use Workshop B. One of the Practical Task sessions is an introduction to Atelier B and B Method by studying an existing project.