- Understand the fundamental principles of Method B.
- Discover Language B.
- Any person who wishes to understand the principles of Method B and discover its benefits.
- Any person who must participate in the development of a B project or who wishes to review B models.
- Knowledge of general principles relating to the development cycle of a system or software (specification concepts).
- Basic IT knowledge.
- Mathematical knowledge of a scientific secondary education level.
1 – B METHOD PRINCIPLES
- Definition of B: a formal specification and design method with proof that may reach a concrete level (C internet code, ADA).
- Advantage of formal specifications and the building of a model through the systematic description of its properties.
- Modularity and hierarchy concepts: a B model is built in a modular manner, its properties are introduced hierarchically.
- Validation through proof: proof guarantees conformity with invariant properties; it is exhaustive in ensuring that the code complies with its specifications.
- B Method benefits.
- Description of the main uses of B in industry.
2 – B LANGUAGE
Description of elements constituting the B Language:
- mathematical expressions (integers, Boolean, enumerations, sets, relations, functions),
- substitutions that form the dynamic of the modeled system.
The three types of B components (abstract machines, sophistication and implementation).